It’s time for kids, teachers, and staff to go back to school. Summer was short, and now it’s time to go back to the real world.
Even though we had a break from school, we need to remember that we are always Christians. We always represent Christ. We always represent our congregation. Paul understood the Christian’s role of being an “ambassador” (Ephesians 6:20). 2 Corinthians 5:20 reads, “We are ambassadors therefore on behalf of Christ, as though God were entreating by us: we beseech you on behalf of Christ, be ye reconciled to God.”
If we are at work, retired, learning, teaching, or any other thing, we are always to be a representative of and servant of Christ. Remember that we are told, “And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him” (Colossians 3:17).
So how can we be an ambassador for Christ to the world on a daily basis? Here are just a few things we need to be doing every day:
- Be a student of the Book and a practicioner of Christianity.
- Be sure to pray for wisdom and the blessing of an opportunity to lead someone to salvation.
- Be watching for the opportunities God gives you to help someone be saved.
- Make the most of every opportunity to teach anyone the Gospel.
- Bring your friends to worship.
God can do great things around us when we allow Him to work through us.